For those of you who attended my Insight sessions, as promised, the 5.0P1 patch releases for VSC and VASA Provider for clustered Data ONTAP are now available. This patch fixes a number of issues found in VSC 5.0. (release notes)
To download, go to the NetApp Support Site Software Download page:
- From the Software Download page, scroll to the last row in the Product list: “To access a specific… .”
- From the <Select Software> drop-down list, choose Virtual Storage Console (VMware vSphere).
- Enter 5.0P1 in the version box and click “Go.”
Virtual Storage Console for VMware vSphere software is a single vCenter Server plug-in that enables you to manage complete virtual machine end-to-end lifecycles in VMware environments using NetApp storage systems.
VSC integrates smoothly with the VMware vSphere Web Client and enables you to use single sign- on (SSO) services. In addition, the VSC Summary page enables you to quickly check the overall status of your vSphere environment.
By running VSC, you can perform tasks such as the following:
- Manage storage and configure the ESX host
- Create storage capability profiles and set alarms
- Provision datastores and clone virtual machines
- Perform online alignments and migrate virtual machines individually and in groups into new or existing datastores
- Back up and restore virtual machines and datastores